UK car insurance for new and youthful drivers will never be cheap! This is for one cause and 1 reason by itself young and new drivers are a bigger risk to insure than the typical car driver. Newly competent UK drivers are more likely to provide an accident during their first yr of yr of traveling than at any other time.
The facts are stark:
Per mile of driving, the risk of an accident including injury or death is about seven occasions greater to get 17-20 years old than for those aged forty or over.
Youthful drivers under 21 are involved in 15% of all car accident deaths.
New drivers make up simply 10% of license holders, but are involved with 29% of accidents.
The following tips will help reduce the cost of youthful drivers auto insurance:
1) Take the Pass In addition driving exam. This is an intensive training course that aims to make new drivers better drivers. Successfully go the Go Plus and you will receive a low cost of up 35% off your car insurance. The Pass In addition costs around ‘100 but given the high cost of auto insurance it a still a worth while investment. Ask your driving instructor for details.
2) Volunteer to spend a higher excess. Insurers will certainly insist on a minimum amount that you have to contribute to any car insurance declare. The standard amount is ‘100. As new and youthful drivers if you volunteer a greater amount you could save on your car insurance high quality.
3) Spend your car insurance annually. It is cheaper to pay your years auto insurance in one lump sum rather than in monthly installments. Most car insurance companies charge interest of around 15% APR (some up to 30%) to allow you to pay your premium in monthly installments.
4) Adding a named old driver to your car insurance policy, i. e. your parents, can save you 10% on your insurance premium. Similarly, avoid having younger named drivers on your policy.
5) Enhance your car security. Thatcham approved car alarms are recognized by almost all insurers and many will low cost your high quality if you have these fitted. In case you have a garage then utilize it. Your car is less likely to be stolen from your garage or from your drive than if it is parked in the street. Insurance companies will understand this and offer cheaper rates.
6) Buy your car insurance policy on-line. Most auto insurance companies offer a discount if you buy online via their website.
7) Be born a woman. Car insurance for ladies is cheaper. Why? Because the typical female is actually a safer driver than the typical male.
8) According to the Connection of Uk Insurers it is possible to save 35% on a auto insurance premium by simply comparing a number of insurance companies against each other. Because young drivers such a discount can be considerable. So get as many insurance quotes, online or otherwise, as you can. It will save you money.